Seven Oaks Classical School is currently serving students in grades K-8, with plans to grow a grade each year through 12th.
Seven Oaks will continue to enroll students for the 2016-2017 school year as long as there are seats available. Admission is on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no tuition and no test. All are welcome.
On January 2, 2017, Seven Oaks began enrolling students for the 2017-2018 school year for students entering grades K-9.
How to Apply for the 2016-2017 School Year
Seven Oaks Classical School is an open-enrollment, tuition-free public charter school. It offers a classical education to all who want it. If you have a school-age child and live within driving distance of the school, you are welcome.
For a print version of the 2016-2017 Student Enrollment Form, click here. You may also call the school office at 812-935-5003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a form mailed by U.S. Postal Service.
How to Apply for the 2017-2018 School Year
The enrollment process for new students consists of two main steps:
- Intent-To-Enroll Form. Anyone who submits an Intent-To-Enroll Form will be offered a seat if one is available, or else placed on the waiting list for that grade. Once parents are offered a seat, they have 48 hours to confirm their interest. Once they confirm, they will have 14 days to fill out the full New Student Enrollment Form.
- New Student Enrollment Form. This a longer form and secures a student's place on the school roster. This form gives the school all the information needed to create a student's file and request information from a student's previous school.
The school began receiving applications for the 2017-2018 school year during the "open-enrollment period." The open-enrollment period for the 2017-2018 school year ran from Monday, January 2, 2017, at 8:00am (EST) to Friday, February 10, 2017, at 5:00pm (EST). All “Intent-To-Enroll" forms received during this period received equal consideration.
Seven Oaks Classical School is now accepting applications on a first-come, first-serve basis. New applicants will be added to the student roll or wait list in the order in which their applications are received.
If a vacancy arises before the commencement of the school year, the next individual on the waiting list will be offered admission. Parents or guardians must respond within 48 hours of notification by telephone call or email, or within (3) business days of a post-marked letter in order to confirm their intent to enroll.
Where there are multiple sections or classes, placement will be determined by the headmaster and faculty. Parental requests will be taken into consideration, but are not guaranteed satisfaction.
- At present: Seven Oaks is still accepting transfer students for the 2016-2017 school year. Parents who are interested in applying for the 2017-2018 school year are invited to fill out an Intent-to-Enroll Form.
- Monday, January 2, 2017: Start of the "open-enrollment" and "re-enrollment" periods. Seven Oaks begins accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Friday, February 10, 2017: The "open-enrollment" and "re-enrollment" periods close. At that point, Seven Oaks will tally up all the applications received between January 2 and February 10 to see whether there are more applicants than seats in any given grade. If there are more applicants than seats in any of the grades, a public lottery will be held to decide the order of admissions.
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017: Seven Oaks will hold a public lottery to determine the order of admissions in grades where there were more applicants than seats during the "open-enrollment" period. Those who are not awarded a seat will be placed on a waiting list in the order established by the lottery.
- After February 10: Seven Oaks will continue to accept applications. Any available seats will be awarded in the order in which applications are received. Students who apply to a class that is already full will be added to the wait list in the order in which their applications are received.
Seven Oaks Classical School is open to any student who resides within the State of Indiana. Seven Oaks Classical School is open to any student who resides within the State of Indiana and the school will admit students of any race, color, and national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin, or any other characteristics protected by law, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Early Kindergarten Admissions Policy
Under I.C. 20-33-2-7, students residing in Indiana must be at least 5 years of age on or before August 1 in order to enroll in kindergarten in a public school. However, the law also allows schools to establish a policy for permitting exceptions. For more information review the Seven Oaks Early Kindergarten Admissions Policy (pdf).
The only admission preferences at Seven Oaks Classical School are for siblings and the children of faculty and staff.
Students who wished to return for the 2017-2018 school year were asked to fill out an Intent-to-Return Form during the Re-Enrollment Period, which ran from Monday, January 2, 2017, at 8:00am (EST) to Friday, February 10, at 5:00pm (EST) 2017. Students who indicated their intent to return during the re-enrollment period were guaranteed a seat, provided they met all other eligibility requirements.
Procedures for Withdrawals, Re-Enrollment, and Transfers
Students may withdraw from Seven Oaks Classical School at any time during the school year. A student who withdraws and then re-enrolls will be placed at the bottom of the wait list unless there is an open seat in the student's grade level. Seven Oaks accepts transfer students throughout the school year. In each case, students enrolling must follow the enrollment policy set forth by the school.
A full enrollment policy may be found in the Student Handbook (pdf).